We’ve been getting more and more questions about homeschooling in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties. Fortunately we have lots of parents who have been doing this for years willing to share some of their lessons and help you decide what’s best for your family.
Before we even get started talking about options let us encourage you to prayerfully consider how you are discipling your children. How are you helping them hear and follow Jesus? Homeschooling is certainly one way you can have a huge impact on your children spiritually.
New Life Webinar:
Support for Parents Schooling At Home and Considering Homeschooling
View the Recorded Webinar
A panel of homeschooling parents shared tips and advice for schooling successfully at home and the steps to take if you’re considering homeschooling. Whether your kids are elementary-, middle-school, or high-school ages, the webinar provides a wealth of information to help you make informed decisions and save you hours of research.
New Life plans to follow up with additional sessions dedicated to encouraging and supporting families during this challenging time as well as assisting families choosing to homeschool. We’ll dive into more details about selecting curriculum, socialization, and much more in future sessions. Questions? Contact Elinor Kinnier, Family Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Overview and Supporting Organizations
- Home Educators Association of Virginia – serving the homeschoolers of Virginia through information, legislation, and resources for 36 years.
- Homeschool Terminology – this is a beginner’s glossary of terms to understand homeschooling. And another article to help translate the homeschool language.
- The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers – dedicated to serving, empowering, and advocating for all Virginia homeschoolers
- Fairfax County Program of Studies (k-6)
- Fairfax County Program of Studies (7-8)
- Fairfax County Program of Studies (9-12)
- Loudoun County Public Schools – intent to homeschool form
- Fairfax County Public Schools – intent to homeschool form
- Prince William County Public Schools – intent to homeschool form
Facebook Groups can be great resources too! Join the New Life Facebook Group today and start posting questions, sharing tips and engaging with New Lifers and others who believe parents have the greatest influence on their children and in our current environment, there is no better time to take the reins of their development and education.