Who We Are
We’re one church in three locations. Okay, but what’s with the guy with the melon helmet? As odd as it sounds, this picture goes a long way toward capturing what we are all about, creating fun, safe environments where people discover God. No stuffy tie here. We understand that your spiritual journey is unique, yet surprisingly similar in many ways to our stories. We’ve all been where you are right now… wondering, asking, “Is this a place where I can find meaning, answers, life the way it was meant to be? Is this really church?” Let us answer this way, Absolutely!
So what sets us apart from other churches? Probably our values more than anything. They are what make us unique.
- Safety – Eliminating Unnecessary Barriers: From guaranteeing the safety of your children to ensuring a safe place to ask questions, New Life works hard to be a shelter in the storm of life. No perfect people are allowed at New Life. Come regardless of your hurts, habits and hang-ups. We’re a place full of messed up people.
- Risk – Get Out Of The Boat: God values people who take risks for His kingdom. Why lead a boring life when you can live a dangerous one? We can help you dream big and live dangerously.
- Fun – God’s Primary Emotion: God didn’t intend life to be a drag. our lives should be characterized by joy. We take God seriously, ourselves less so. I mean really, if you haven’t figured out by now that we have a sense of humor, we’re probably not the right place for you.
- Honor – Treating Others The Way God Treats Us: We honor God by giving our best to people.
- Next Steps – Doing Better Today Than Yesterday: Our spiritual journey never ends. Whether you’ve never set foot in a church or you are a “spiritual giant,” you have a next step to take closer to God. We want to help you discover, develop and take your next steps.
What We Believe
- God is bigger, better, and closer than we can imagine
- God loves people more than we can fathom
- Jesus is God in the flesh
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for living
- God created everything for a purpose
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God
- The church is to serve people just like Jesus served people
Click here for a more detailed explanation of what we believe.
- The short version is we were started in 1993 by Brett Andrews. He felt called to start a church in Western Fairfax County to reach people who didn’t go to church. Starting with just a handful of people, New Life grew by serving the community with free fun family events like Fall Fun Fests and Easter Eggstravaganas. While the specifics of how we serve the community have changed in many ways, almost everything we’ve done has been to help people who don’t yet know Jesus to come to know Him and accept Him as the leader of their life. Whether through church planting, being multi-site, or by building a facility designed for the community from the ground up, everything we do is to create safe places where people discover God daily. Currently our biggest passion is making disciples who make disciple makers starting churches that start churches. If you want to know what it means to hear and follow Jesus, email your closest campus pastor today.