God, Do You Exist?
Four Reasons Apologetics Matter
1. It helps to show non-Christians that the Christian faith is rational
2. It helps to strengthen a Christian’s faith
3. It helps a Christian who is dealing with doubt
4. It helps believers defend their faith in conversations with others
1 Peter 3:15 NASB – But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect;
DOES GOD EXIST?
1. The Existence of the Universe Points to a Creator
Premise One: Anything that begins to exist has a cause.
Premise Two: The universe began to exist.
Therefore, Premise Three: The universe had a cause.
2. Intelligent & Detailed Information Points to an Author
1. Despite a thorough search, no material causes have been discovered that demonstrate the power to produce large amounts of specified information.
2. Intelligent causes have demonstrated the power to produce large amounts of specified information. Therefore,
3. Intelligent design constitutes the best, most causally adequate, explanation for the information in the cell.
3. The Fine-Tuning of the Universe Points to a Fine-Tuner
1. The universe appears to have been remarkably fine-tuned to allow for life
2. This only could have happened by fine-tuning or by chance
3. Not chance
4. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that the universe was fine-tuned to allow for life
10 ^ 18
10 ^ 80
10 ^ 229
4. The Existence of Moral Laws Points to a Moral Lawgiver
1. If objective moral values exist, God must exist
2. Objective moral values exist
3. Therefore, God must exist
SEVENTEEN THINKERS TO CHECK OUT (in Alphabetical Order):
My Favorite Six:
Peter Kreeft, William Lane Craig, C.S. Lewis, Sean McDowell, J.P. Moreland, J. Warner Wallace
G.K. Chesterton, Simon Greenleaf, Gary Habermas, John Lennox, Josh McDowell, Stephen Meyer, Alvin Plantinga, Nabeel Qureshi, Lee Strobel, Frank Turek, N.T. Wright
Send an email to: Book@DennisCreative.com
With the Subject: Book